So, off to Saltimbanco we went.
Waiting for the metro.
Alas, we both were disappointed in the show. I found it inconsistent, with the amazing acrobatic bits heavily padded by wildly boring bits. The staging, on the other hand, was consistently chaotic.
Dietrich found it consistently boring. Being 5, he's in the midst of discovering all the amazing things his body can do, and he remains unaware of the limitations of gravity and physics. So, after an amazing acrobatic feat, he'd say, "I could do that."
And he really, truly believed that, given the chance, he could.
See, mom? I can do it.
Calling daddy to report on how boring the show was.
We left after about two hours, and the show was still going strong. The coat-check lady (the same one who wouldn't let me check Dietrich's coat, for fear he'd be cold) assured me that many other people with kids had already left.
The highlights?
Spending time together.
And the caramel corn.

1 comment:
worth the ticket price just for the caramel corn! I keep thinking I want to see a Cirque du Soleil but your experience makes me wonder. Mom
Post a Comment