Sunday, May 09, 2010

38 weeks


Big ol' baby ...



... grown mostly on hot chocolate and this salad. Ukrainian salads tend to have official names and recipes (not just lettuce with whatever's in the fridge). My friend Oksana named this one "Desires of a Pregnant Lady." It's spinach, apples, dried cranberries, feta and honey-mustard dressing. I'm basically an addict, though I imagine this addiction will pass on or around May 28.







In other news, we took advantage of yesterday's sudden rainstorm to do some puddle-jumping. I've been waiting for rain so that I could don my new rubber boots. Oh, I love them so. I wore them a bit in the snow, but they're way cuter with a skirt than with winter duds.

Also helping us pass the time while we wait for the baby: Lots of holidays (Victory Day was today), lots of cooking (stocking the freezer for easy post-baby dinner prep), lots of watching "Jungle Book," and lots of prenatal visits. Two coming up this week, including an ultrasound on Friday. Hoping for head-down!

6 comments:

Great Aunt Gretchen said...

Is Deitrich actually in mid-air over that puddle?
So fun to check in with you. How's the sadik going now?

Robin said...

What a great picture of Dietrich, jumping! And I love those boots of yours... yes, very cute with a skirt.

Gypmar said...

Yes, a fantastic picture of D over the puddle, and yes, you are adorable in your rain boots and skirt.

"Desires of a Pregnant Lady" made me laugh out loud. Good one, Oksana.

The Dykstra Family said...

You look great Josie! We can't wait to hear the news when baby is born! Ours is still incubating and better come soon!

Donni said...

You look great Josie! Brittany is pregnant. She's due at the end of August - we are hoping for a girl -beings Chesney has 2 boys (which is really fun). Katelyn is over in your area of the world. She's in the Peace Corps in Bulgaria.
We'll be praying for a safe delivery, and lots of yummy salad in the meantime.

auntieJ said...

My internet has been down for 5 days...torture! Your blog was first after cleaning out the inbox...You look very styling in your boots & brella. That picture is a real keeper. I'm going to try that salad...I'm thinking non-pg ladies could desire it too.Hugs and kisses to all...the joyous day approaches.