We'll be home for Easter next year, so I didn't use a conventional Easter basket that we'd use again. Instead, I stuffed a hand-me-down wooden toolbox with superballs, a CD, a new book, sandbox toys and some sweets. Probably my favorite item was a handmade little item that I spotted in the outdoor market on Saturday — a knit chicken who sits on top of a chocolate egg.
Dietrich found the sweets first, so it was a little hard to get him to concentrate on the rest of the box. I was interested in his basket-unpacking technique. He was very methodical: Find an egg full of candy, take it to dad, wait for a candy, go back for another egg. Only once the eggs were done could he move on to the toys.
We celebrated the holiday with our friends Jon, Andrea and Joy, whose return to Kremenchuk was delayed first by a lack of tickets and then by a sick baby. We dined on pizza, since I hadn't planned on making a big meal just for the three of us. It was one of those Easters that I think we'll remember for a long time ... like the Thanksgiving when my Aunt Donna served lasagna. Although, I'm pretty sure that wasn't due to lack of preparation, just a love for Italian food.
We also celebrated our five-year anniversary this weekend, and we enjoyed a delightful dinner at our favorite restaurant, watching the fish jump in the lake and relaxing in the warm spring evening air.

3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! And Happy Easter. =0) That "basket" looks like a lot of fun to discover!
Happy 5th anniversary! Has it already been 5 years since we redid the little house and you guys moved in? You know, the 5th anniversary is wood... so did you do anything special with wood? We have a wooden 5 that has been around for 32 years already! Thanks for posting the cute pictures!
Wow has it been 5 years already. Happy anniversary!
Waiting for an allotment of sweets before moving on to the next task ... the little man has his priorities right.
Post a Comment