Saturday, March 31, 2007

Living out daddy's dream

Our landlady continues to stall on covering our balconies. During the winter, this was a temperature issue. The weather’s warmed up, but Eric moved all our bookcases to his new office at the seminary, so now it’s a storage issue. To solve this problem, we’re having a very large (10 foot long, 2 feet deep, 7 feet high) piece of furniture built to accommodate the stroller, the extra chairs, the down-filled comforters, etc. My dad called it a storage locker, but it’s going to be the first thing you see when you walk into our home, so I prefer to think of it in classier terms.

Viktor, the carpenter building the classy storage locker, came over last week to get measurements. He took one look at our baby, who was outfitted as shown below, and said, “That’s what Russian circus wrestlers used to wear.” I, of course, never meant to dress my baby like a circus performer of any sort. But I’m sure Dietrich’s dad, who once wanted to be a wrestler in the circus known as the WWF, was secretly pleased.

4 comments:

ladyjane said...

Yes, I can see the resemblance to a circus performer, but I would say more of a lady-tamer. Cutest smile and big baby blue eyes and peach fuzz hair. What a big guy! What size outfit is he wearing in the photo?

Gypmar said...

All that's needed is a handlebar moustache and a barbell and he'd look like the old-timey American circus' Strong Man.

fong said...

Dietrich's appeal is undeniable.

Sam said...

Haha, undeniable.

My goodness, he looks like he's about 13 years old already! Good rearin', guys.