Friday, May 10, 2013

22 weeks

Well, in this case, no news is good news. So long as the baby keeps kicking, we're on pause from visits to the doctor until we get to the States. And he is kicking. Hard! Hard enough that Dietrich was able to see my stomach jump yesterday. And then, every time I took a breath, he claimed he saw the baby kicking.


We fly out on Wednesday morning, and I have an appointment at a general OB on Friday morning. Most likely, he will refer me to a specialist, and then we will have to wait for that appointment. So, it might be a few more weeks until we have some clarity.

On the one hand, clarity will be good. On the other hand, if the specialists find something significant, something life altering (I mean more so than the changes that would naturally come with having three boys), we will have to grapple with that, whereas right now, we're just living with hope that all will be well. Honestly, I get a little panicky when I think about that upcoming ultrasound, so I'm trying to focus on what's before me at this very moment, not what lies ahead.

When we initially got the not-normal test results about five weeks ago, our big prayer was that we wouldn't have an emergency while Eric was out of town. Since then, he's visited Odessa, Sumy, Ivano-Frankivsk and Kremenchuk. Now he's back and he's staying put until we fly out on Wednesday. We are so thankful!

I'm scurrying around, trying to wrap things up before we leave. Washing the winter clothes, now that spring has solidly arrived. Cleaning out drawers and cabinets, in case someone lives here in our absence. Collecting the documents (seven of them!) that need to be turned in so that Dietrich can go to national school next year. Buying his school supplies. Figuring out a Ukrainian-lessons-by-Skype plan with his tutor. Celebrating Easter with dear friends (a truly restful and wonderful day).

My first attempt at Ukrainian Easter bread.



Egg hunt at the house some friends built outside the city. So lovely!

Lev didn't find many eggs, but he sure was cute.

Natasha telling the Easter story with the help of Resurrection eggs.

At this point, it seems that packing and cleaning will have to wait for next week. 

Hopefully, next time you hear from us, we will have safely arrived in California.

3 comments:

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

I keep checking to see if there's news... so glad for the "no news/ good news"... and praying for peace and health!

auntieJ said...

God bless you all and safe and uneventful travels.

Shelly said...

praying for safe travels, many kicks, and maybe a nap for Lev at least once on that long flight! ;)