1) We managed to make it to the Kremenchuk train station in time for our trip back to Kyiv. As expected, Lev hated the ride, but it was much easier to control the hate when there was room to stand up, bounce and take a little stroll. We didn't expect Dietrich's reaction -- he preferred the van! Too bad, kiddo, I'm never taking that marshrutka again.
Get me off of this thing!
Trains are boring.
2) On the way to a friend's apartment, we saw a lady walking her cat. On a leash.
3) On the same day, there was a goat hanging out in our courtyard all afternoon. We fed him a leaf, but he was really interested in eating Dietrich's goldfish crackers (they're German and fancier than the U.S. version, so I can understand why the goat wanted them).
4) I finished the Ukraine Update, a project I do four times a year to help recruiters in North America know what kinds of ministry opportunities exist over here.
5) We found out that, while we maybe won't find out the gender of my niece-or-nephew-to-be (until March, that is), he or she appears to be growing just perfectly.
6) Eric took a little break from prepping for his philosophy class to host a movie night. He dubbed it "Catching Up with the Culture Wars" and showed "Expelled" and "Religulous." Heated discussion occurred. I stayed home with the kids and started "The Young Victoria." It was a sweet movie, and I don't see it prompting any arguments.
7) Our friends Oksana and Zhenya are house-sitting in Kyiv, and they invited us over for dinner Sunday night. She made lasagna and forgot the tomato sauce, and it was so good. Like fancy mac and cheese. We had a great time that night -- until we got home and realized that Dietrich was running a fever.

2 comments:
Lev hated the ride? He still looks so mellow!
"The Young Victoria," indeed, is a rather unobjectionable movie. Good costumes.
Aw, D and Nels have matching shoes! Nels wears his every day :)
Loving all your updates, as always.
Post a Comment