Saturday, March 14, 2009

Little house

One of my favorite things about this time in America has been the back house in which we reside. It's two blocks from the park, and we also can walk to the post office, pharmacy, toy store, coffee shop and farmers' market, which keeps my Ukraine legs in shape (and my America tummy in check), plus keeps Dietrich accustomed to stroller time.

The cottage is charming and old, with built-in corner china cabinets, potato bins in the kitchen and floor-to-ceiling windows in the front room. I do a lot of cooking, and every time I make borsch, I appreciate the double sink, good-sized stove and refrigerator, and ample counter space.

But the best part might be the shower. Its big, round shower head points straight down, which means that Dietrich can stand under the water
with the curtain open, and droplets don't get all over the place.

Little joys. I love 'em.

3 comments:

hederka said...

Hi Josie -- Don't know if you remember me -- Heather McNiel, I married Dan Yim, who roomed with Matthew Weathers for a while. I was wondering if you could email me your recipe for borscht. I'd love to try making it! My email address is wrzos21(at)hotmail.com

Amanda W. said...

Cutest thing ever!!!

auntieJ said...

Your place sounds great. I want one of those shower heads. How's the gardening going? Love you