Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's all relative

While we were in Southern California last week, we got to check out our next home -- a back house in the historic section of Whittier. The property is owned by a family at our church in La Mirada, and we are not, by any means, the first people we know to live there. We've been to at least three gatherings at the little cottage, and each time the renters have been a different couple from our church. It's young-family approved.

The first time I set foot in the cottage, five or so years ago, I instantly wanted to live in it. It's old (historic!) with interesting angles, groovy built-in cabinets and tall windows.

I also remember thinking that it was very small. But, now that we've spent about a month living in a trailer, a one-bedroom cottage seems spacious indeed.

I also had never noticed the washer/dryer, the rows of built-in drawers or the space out back for a garden.

Isn't it fun to see how the Lord provides? I'm enjoying it.

3 comments:

Faith Koontz said...

That sounds like a great place! I hope that we can get together with you guys while you are here....I know the boys would love playing together!

Gretchen said...

Oh, I'm glad you will have a comfortable home to enjoy while you are in the area! I would love to see you guys at some point (I'm sure that will happen eventually). =0)
I'm still keeping you in prayer and hoping that you are having a healing time while you are with family.

Unknown said...

Hi Josie,

Are you still in Southern Cal? I would like to see you all.
Peace,
~Steve