Saturday, July 19, 2008

Things we're into these days

It seems I took a little break from blogging. We had guests for much of June, and then I threw a baby shower (in Russian!) for a friend, and evidently it's taken me a while to recover from all the entertaining and excitement. So, just to get back in the saddle, I present the following list.

Things we're into these days

1) Classic Sesame Street via YouTube. I'm trying to wean Dietrich off his addiction to the not-very-educational Muppet Show. But, oh the nostalgia! I nearly teared up at "I'm an aardvark" yesterday.

2) Fruit. On Sunday we quickly consumed the season's first watermelon, and I've been using up stuff in the freezer to make room for frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and peaches. Here's to smoothies in November!

3) Dietrich's liberties with the English language. You say potato? Dietrich says podada.

4) Work. So much to do.

5) Late bedtimes. After-dinner strolls to take advantage of the warm summer nights have pushed Dietrich's bedtime back to about 10 p.m. He's a night owl, like his momma.

6) Playground vocabulary. I'm meeting with one of my old Russian teachers a couple of times a week to make sure that I'm saying things correctly when I talk with Dietrich on the street. When we initially studied Russian, I didn't realize how important phrases like, "Don't touch the dog/glass/poop" would become.

3 comments:

fong said...

Yay, new blog post!

This aardvark video is so cute. I would like a pet aarvark as we have ants and had termites.

ladyjane said...

welcome back! We've missed your blog!
Planning for November already?...not so strange, as I'm already planning for December home-coming. You and Eric will be Homecoming King and Queen. Lady Mum

auntieJ said...

I third the welcome back! That's so sweet what Mom said...maybe I should send you my rinestone tiara to wear:)