This morning, I went to the bank to pay our bills. The 20th is the due date for most bills, so usually I encounter long, long lines. But today, I walked in to the bank just after it opened at 9 a.m., and no one was working at the bill-paying counter. I went outside to wait for Eric, who was around the corner picking up our Internet bill from the Internet company.
A few people walked into the bank so, worried about the line I thought was forming, I went in, too. Still no one was at the counter, but I walked up to it anyway.
After a few moments, the bank teller appeared and said, "I don't have any change, so you can only pay if you have exact change."
Well, I was about 80 cents off, but I thought that was a small price to pay to avoid the line I would have faced later in the day, so I told her to go ahead. After a few minutes, Eric came in with the other bill, and after she added that one in, we were able to rustle up enough small bills between the two of us to overpay by only 10 cents. What a deal!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We always thought is was interesting that the bank didn't have change. Never a dull moment.
from your friends who lately have been missing that "never boring" place and dear friends there. Mark is looking forward to seeing you soon.
Post a Comment