Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy meals


Our current dinner-date destination.

As I was cleaning the refrigerator today in preparation for our departure (8 days and counting), I had a happy thought: Soon, Eric and I can go on dates that don’t include the Golden Arches. Soon, we can go to a ballgame or a movie and drive home alone together, discussing life freely without worrying about attracting attention because we’re speaking in a foreign tongue. What bliss! While we’re thankful that the McDonald’s here offers us a safe, buckwheat-free place to spend some time together, there’s little romance to be found in a Happy Meal. And, while public transportation saves money and helps the environment, there’s something cozy about chatting in the car. We’ll have to savor those moments until Baby O arrives and gives us whole new experiences to savor.

1 comment:

fong said...

I used to loooove McDonalds when I was a kid. But yeah, not as fun to eat there as adults.